Nursing Home Abuse
Senior members of our society deserve to live safely and with dignity. Nowhere should that be more evident than in a nursing home or assisted living facility. Unfortunately, elder neglect and nursing home abuse are common problems. The negligence of nursing home administrators can often be traced to cost-cutting measures — measures that place profits ahead of patient needs. Do you know of a nursing home resident who has been injured as a result of abuse or neglect? You can help.
Call 888.U.ASK.LAW for a free consultation
The Pittsburgh malpractice lawyers at The McClelland Law Group have been defending patients' rights for over 50 years. If you have reason to believe that a nursing home resident's injury or death resulted from neglect or abuse, contact our office to arrange a free consultation with a medical malpractice attorney in Pittsburgh. Our attorneys work with investigators and medical experts, shedding light on negligence and advocating for residents.
Signs of nursing home abuse or neglect:
- Bedsores (pressure sores, pressure ulcers)
- Failure to administer prescribed medication, medication errors
- A patient is overmedicated or oversedated
- Staff fails to notice the signs and symptoms of pneumonia or infection
- The staff allows the resident to become dehydrated or malnourished
- Failure to monitor patients, leaving them unattended for long periods of time and subject to falls
- Bruises and fractures resulting from physical abuse