Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Attorneys for Roadway Design Defects
At The McClelland Law Group our lawyers have represented clients injured or killed as a result of a variety of highway designs and defects. Highway engineers are required to design roadways so as to not present dangerous highway conditions. When they fail to do so, oftentimes, automobile operators and their passengers are injured or killed. State and local municipalities are charged with the responsibility of reasonably maintaining the roadways. If you feel that a roadway design defect or maintenance issue was responsible for your car accident, it is extremely important for you to contact our firm promptly. Investigation must be undertaken as soon as possible to maintain evidence crucial to the prosecution of your claim.
Call 888.U.ASK.LAW for a free consultation
If you feel that a roadway design defect was responsible for your car accident, you may be entitled to compensation through a variety of personal injury claims. Our attorneys have experience in similar cases and work closely with accident reconstructionists and design experts. If you would like us to review your case, please contact our Pittsburgh office to arrange a free consultation.
Our lawyers at The McClelland Law Group have successfully handled a wide variety of claims involving defective highway design and maintenance including the following:
- Highway sign placed directing traffic to turn left turn down the wrong way of a one-way street causing a head-on collision
- Placement of a highway barrier in a position to create a hazardous condition causing the death of a husband and wife
- Negligent maintenance of a highway shoulder causing the driver to lose control of his car and cross the center line resulting in his death
A roadway design defect might involve the following:
- Failure to warn of known highway hazards
- Missing shoulders
- Failure to maintain the shoulder of the road
- Defective traffic control systems
- Highway signs improperly placed so as to direct traffic in the wrong direction
- Stop signs obscured by vegetation
- Car wrecks caused by failure to repair potholes
- Failure to remove ice and snow
- Motorcycle crashes caused by gravel and debris on the highway
If you would like to speak with a member of our personal injury firm about an injury or death resulting from a highway design or maintenance defect, we invite you to call us toll free at 888.U.ASK.LAW or contact our Pittsburgh office online to arrange a free consultation and case evaluation with an experienced personal injury lawyer. We charge no attorney's fees unless we are successful in recovering compensation on your behalf. Should you be unable to travel, one of our lawyers will be happy to visit you in your home or hospital room.